Tuesday 13 November 2012

Ready for home.


On our last day in New York we woke up to the sun and it was warm enough to wander around with just jumpers on(at times).  Since it was sunny we decided to make the most of the day and headed for 5th Avenue to wander and window shop.
We started off at Grand Central Station as Kathi had never been there.  It was as beautiful as I remembered it and is definitely a “must see” if you are visiting here.  A wander through their food court encouraged us to stop for coffee shortly afterwards.
Back on 5th Avenue we stopped to view the skaters at the Rockefeller Centre who were having great fun in the autumn sunshine.  

A number of shops are already being decorated for Christmas. 


A quick visit to Tiffany’s allowed Kathi to get information about a gift that she had received and then we headed for Central Park.  
Unfortunately the upper part of 5th Avenue was hoaching with folk because of the parade and the weather and it became really uncomfortable fighting our way through the crowds so we gave up and headed back to Times Square to have another attempt at getting theatre tickets.  There were a few tickets on offer but none at prices that we wanted to pay so we headed back to the hotel to crash and then go out for a nice meal.
Well tomorrow I’m heading home.  I can’t believe how quickly the time has gone.  Withe the exception of Santa Fe my trip has gone exactly as planned and it has been great fun.  I would tell anyone to do it.  There are places that I would love to go back to:
New Zealand
Santa Diego
Albuquerque
Nashville
One that I wouldn’t go near again - I think that you can guess that one.  
Like any trip there are bits that I would do differently if I was doing it again but there is nothing that I regret.  One or two things that I wanted to do but wasn’t able to and lots of things that I never imagined I would get the opportunity to do.  
I was asked earlier last week if I was excited about going home and I replied that I wasn’t but the nearer that I have got to today that feeling has changed. I’ve done what I wanted to do and I’m ready for home.


No comments:

Post a Comment