Tuesday 4 September 2012

Setting off on my trip

Later this week I'm setting off on a round the world trip.  

I'll be flying to Hong Kong first and from there to Australia.  The third leg of my trip takes me to New Zealand where I will be touring around for about 3 weeks before flying onto Hawaii.  
From there I will be flying to San Francisco and then travelling across America to Houston for the Quilt Festival.  From there I'm going to Nashville and then onto New York before returning home.

The purpose of my blog is twofold.  Firstly it will act as a kind of diary of my trip for me because  I don't think I'll be doing a trip like this again. Secondly it's a way of any family members or friends keeping track of where I am and what I'm doing.  I doubt that it will be the most exciting blog in the world but I will try to use it to document my trip.  

Its not very likely that I will be blogging every day  because hopefully I'll have better things to do with my time but I will try to blog every two or three days. You never know I may become a blog fanatic but  I think that this is highly unlikely.


I'm hoping to include photos on my blog as well but I'm not the world's greatest photographer so this may not work out.  I'm going to try to add a photo tonight just to see if I can do it. It has nothing to do with Glasgow or me it's just a picture I took at Loch Lomond one sunny morning in May.

3 comments:

  1. You will have a great time. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting with baited breath to read your next post. Don't worry about the pictures - I've seen your efforts in the past. Mum definitely passed on her photographic skills to you.

    ReplyDelete